fbsd6 and java

Dick Hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Sun Nov 6 08:10:46 GMT 2005

On 06 Nov Andrew P. wrote:
> On 11/6/05, Dick Hoogendijk <dick at nagual.st> wrote:
> > On my 5.4 system I ran java-1.4
> > I'm building a clean (brandnew) 6.0-release now ans was wandering if
> > I should stick with 1.4 or go to the 1.5 java branch. What to do?
> >

> 6.0 doesn't change anything, if that's what
> you're interested in.

I know that. What I ment was: as I'm going to recompile / reinstall java
anyway on this new machine (a long job) I was in doubt of 1.4 or 1.5
Java-1.4 is older (more mature in fbsd patches). Can the same be said
for java15 or are there issues for this version on FreeBSD6?

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.11-stable ++ FreeBSD 5.4