Adding Packages

Lonnie Cumberland lonnie at outstep.com
Sat Nov 5 18:40:59 GMT 2005

Greeting All,

I want to add a Samba Server from the pkg_add command on my FreeBSD 4.11
but another specialized application has installed gettext-0.13.1_1 and
the /stand/sysinstall says that it fails the dependency for gettext.

How can I install a package from a freebsd ftp site and tell it to skip
this particular dependency?

Additionally, I have also tried to get a local copy of the 4.11 release
on my new server so I might be able to get the package from there if I
can figure out how to do the install via the PKG_???? commands.

Can someone please give me a simple example of how to do this?

Thanks,
Lonnie