creating gnome desktop shortcuts for floppy, DVD rom and compact flash card reader

paul thodiyil pthodiyil at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 00:15:23 GMT 2005

Robert,
thanks. I chanted ten times, but I was only able to create desktop folders
with these names (floppy, dvdrom, ...). I could not get get them to 'mount'
the device. For. eg i placed DVD in the drive, clicked on the newly created
DVDROM folder on the desktop - but did not reveal the DVD contents.

I must have done it wromg. Any more help?

PT