New Logo

Bart Silverstrim bsilver at chrononomicon.com
Wed Nov 2 05:45:53 PST 2005

On Nov 1, 2005, at 6:47 PM, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

> On Nov 1, 2005, at 5:16 PM, Danny Pansters wrote:

>>> Ted, you need to shut the hell up.  FreeBSD is not your project and
>>>

>> It's not yours either.
>
> And I am not trying to argue and make claims about how inexcusable it
> is either.  I merely pointed out to Ted that he is not in the FreeBSD
> project and therefore does not have say.

Then why was the logo contest opened to all users of FreeBSD (or
non-users)?

>> That's no reason to discard one's opinion, especially
>> if that person arguably has the same stake/interest/influence as you
>> do.
>
> I am not trying to defend the new logo or beastie or anything as it is
> not my project and we have been through this 10000000000 times
> already.  It is not our decision.

Then who was solicited to send in entries?

Why can't the users of a product express their opinions?

Why didn't the core project go hire a professional designer to do this
with their marketing budget if that's what the aim of this logo project
was?

> I personally find the new logo stupid, I think beastie is a great
> mascot, and we need a new logo for FreeBSD.

You must be on the project, since in the above you were saying that Ted
has no say in the project and it isn't his yet then you say "we need a
new logo"...?