New Logo

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Tue Nov 1 21:48:58 PST 2005

>On Tuesday,  1 November 2005 at 14:15:30 -0800, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
>> On  Tuesday, November 01, 2005 12:32 PM, Chad Leigh  wrote:
>>> On Nov 1, 2005, at 1:21 PM, Peter Matulis wrote:
>>>
>>> Even though I was in favor of a logo being made for FreeBSD (we can
>>> keep beastie as a mascot), the winner is not what I would call a
>>> good logo for the purposes for which logos are used...
>>
>> Of course not.  You got what you deserved though so shut the hell up.
>>
>> This is a contest that never should have happened for a reason that
>> has no real justification, it is no wonder it produced a big turd.
>
>I don't completely disagree with your opinions, but I find your
>attitude and language offensive.

I find the equating of Beastie to a religious symbol, which is what
provoked this stupid logo contest thing, infinitely more offensive.
And I suspect the majority of people are of the same mind.  Quite
obviously, the boot-lickers of the conservative right don't understand
this
- my choice of language was intended to knock some sense in to them.

I hope, for their sake, that they are offended.  Greatly.  If so then
they
might possibly have an idea of how offensive this entire Beastie=the
devil
thing is to those of us with normally functioning brains.  I am surprised
you didn't grasp the meaning in my message immediately, you at least
are a writer and should understand manipulation.  We certainly have had
enough of it from the conservative apologists that spawned this new
FreeBSD sex-toy logo.

Ted