New Logo

Steve Bertrand iaccounts at ibctech.ca
Tue Nov 1 17:27:42 PST 2005

-- snip --

> That's correct, but we should recall that this is a mailing
> list to ask technical questions, not discuss logos or flame
> people.  Discuss logos on the advocacy@ list; don't flame
> people on any list.

I don't post here often, lest I ask a question, but I appreciate these
sorts of comments by people we 'observe' make reliable, wholesome and
always to-the-point-from-experience posts day in and day out.

Keep the FBSD lists clean of flames. I haven't followed this entire
thread, but opinions about the new logo should go to advocacy.
However...there should be somewhere else where people can state their
political views to too. -questions is not that list.

I personally don't care about the views of the 'corp's'. Nor do I try to
'sell' FBSD via the logo. Nor do I care to explain why we have a
d*a*emon as a mascot.

I run an ISP environment, and all I do know is that FBSD was here before
I started at the ISP, has remained rock solid while I've been at the
ISP, will be here much longer after I've left the ISP, and will be used
in all my on-the-side client projects from here on out until FBSD is
dead, or there is no one out there who is longer willing to support the
project.

# if ($logo eq $clientSatisfaction) {
#	print "Sickening\n";
#	die();
# } elsif ($logo eq $sellingPoint) {
#	print "Also sickening\n";
#	die();
# } else {
#	print "I'll keep referring, using, and advocating FBSD\n";
# }

My humble .02

Steve