New Logo

Greg Barniskis nalists at scls.lib.wi.us
Tue Nov 1 12:49:49 PST 2005

Bart Silverstrim wrote:

> On Nov 1, 2005, at 3:21 PM, Peter Matulis wrote:
>

>> --- stan <stanb at panix.com> wrote:
>>
>>> YUK!!!!!!!!!
>>

>> Yeah, it has a "something's missing" feel to it.  I suppose it was
>> time to distance ourselves from the demon thing though.  It not
>> having a face is a step in that direction.  The horns remain to
>> appease hardcore people I guess.
>

> I could almost buy the arguments for the need of a logo distinct from a
> mascot, but...
> A) Does FreeBSD actually have a marketing department?

-advocacy@ would probably be the closest thing. Could this
discussion please go over there, perhaps? Or perhaps even better,
just keep going on the slashdot thread already started? (the Pokemon
bit is hilarious)

I sense a long and flaming trail of utterly useless (non-germane)
bike shed parts about to descend on this list...

<ducks, reaching for the Tools menu, Filters at the ready>

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348