The best scripts ever (trick or treat)

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Tue Nov 1 10:59:54 PST 2005

On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 02:14:14PM +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2005-10-31 21:51, Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 03:30:50AM +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> > > A web page with shell script collections and a link posted to the
> > > list would be *much* more preferable, if you ask me.  A web page
> > > is easier to extend later on, reorganize, categorize, present in
> > > multiple ways, etc. without increasing the traffic of the list
> > > immensely.
> >
> > I'd be willing to host a scripts website here; I already
> > have a slew of hits of  my ThinkPad and CTWM pages.
> >
> > But the scripts would have to be drop-in-able.  Otherwise,
> > would freebsd.org be willing to donate a few pages?
>
> I'm not sure.  Since this sounds good, it's not (IMHO) a bad idea
> to bring it up in the freebsd-doc or freebsd-www lists, to see if
> people have similar plans already or would support such a project.

	What's the best way of suggesting that we (fbsd.org) support a page of
	"best scripts"??

	(Another beneficial project that would only require
	mailing in a function or n functions would be to submit
	functions that do a given task.  A few lines of description
	and example use, of course.)

	gary

	PS:  I've cc'd www with this.  If anybody is interested,
	     let's discuss it.  --At least a collection of
	     best /bin/sh scripts.

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix