New ports in -RELEASE

Glenn Dawson glenn at antimatter.net
Wed Jun 1 05:01:35 GMT 2005

At 09:39 PM 5/31/2005, Vizion wrote:
> >Or can someone point me to some very clear instructions for cvsup, that
> >doesn't make a assumptions about me already being a FreeBSD guru?  Does
> >cvsups fix my problem?
> >
> >Installing a -RELEASE version and then wanting the latest ports seems
> >like a common desire, but it is not addressed very clearly.
> >
> >Thanks for any help.
>
>I also have 5.3 and my ports tree, which is kept up to date with cvsup, has
>version 1.2 of subversion in the ports tree.

One other thing to note is that ports has no branches like src does, so if
you cvsup your ports tree you're getting the latest ports as of that moment.

For ports I put the following in /usr/ports/sup and then do cvsup
/usr/ports/sup

*default host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
ports-all

Similarly I use this for src:

*default host=cvsup.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
src-all

make sure to change the "tag=" to match whatever branch you're interested
in getting.

-Glenn