HP DL360-P4 slow network writes

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Tue May 31 23:49:43 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 16:42,  the author Kent Ketell contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: HP DL360-P4 slow network writes:

>On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 04:35:03PM -0700, Vizion wrote:
>> On Tuesday 31 May 2005 16:34,  the author Kent Ketell contributed to the
>> dialogue on-
>>  HP DL360-P4 slow network writes:
>>
>>  Well having just solved what I thought was a weird problem using ncftp
>> which IO eventually tracked down to a dns problem - can I with little
>> solid justication suggest you carefully check out your dns servers -- see
>> which one are working really well and whether you have any unexpected
>> delays.
>>
>> Its the only thing I can think of off the top of my head
>
>Would this not also impact the RedHat as well?

Well depends upon what order your dns servers are in the list - if you
happened to have a duff dns being accessed first on yr freebsd box it might
slow stuff down - if you can be certain they were in the same order on the
redhat that would rule out dns as a cause. However I have usually not paid
too much attention to what order they appear..now I will :-)

David
-

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May/June bound for Europe via Panama
Canal.