HP DL360-P4 slow network writes

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Tue May 31 23:39:53 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 16:34,  the author Kent Ketell contributed to the
dialogue on-
 HP DL360-P4 slow network writes:

>Hi,
>
>I have been using HP DL360-G3 and G4 servers for various tasks and have
>found that latest batch to have a problem with network writes being VERY
>slow.  Reads are fine.  Local reads/writes are fine.  It's just network
>writes that are hurting me.
>
>I have tried installing Intel server NICs in the systems with no
>difference.  I have tried going to different switches with no
>difference.  I have tried changing the Cat5 cables with no differences.
>
>I installed RedHat on the same exact box and did not have the same slow
>write speeds.
>
>Does anybody have any thoughts on this?
>
>Thanks in advance.

 Well having just solved what I thought was a weird problem using ncftp which
IO eventually tracked down to a dns problem - can I with little solid
justication suggest you carefully check out your dns servers -- see which one
are working really well and whether you have any unexpected delays.

Its the only thing I can think of off the top of my head

David

>-Kent-

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May/June bound for Europe via Panama
Canal.