XFS on FreeBSD

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Tue May 31 23:36:37 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 15:50,  the author Bill Moran contributed to the
dialogue on-
 XFS on FreeBSD:

>I'm interested in the project to port XFS to FreeBSD.  However, every link
>I've traced down leads to a dead end.
>
>Does anyone have links to where this project is currently housed, or any
>information about its status?
This is all I have on my system (its from www.freebsd.org):
SGI XFS port for FreeBSD

Contact: Alexander Kabaev <kan at FreeBSD.org>
Contact: Russell Cattelan <cattelan at thebarn.com>

Not much has changed since last report was submitted. The read-only access XFS
volumes is quite stable now. The work is underway to rewrite xfs_buf layer to
minimize local changes intrusiveness. Initial attempt to make XFS code to
compile and run on amd64 is in progress too.

We really need a care-taker for our userland tools.

david
 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May/June bound for Europe via Panama
Canal.