HP DL360-P4 slow network writes

Kent Ketell kketell at juniper.net
Tue May 31 23:34:31 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have been using HP DL360-G3 and G4 servers for various tasks and have
found that latest batch to have a problem with network writes being VERY
slow.  Reads are fine.  Local reads/writes are fine.  It's just network
writes that are hurting me.

I have tried installing Intel server NICs in the systems with no
difference.  I have tried going to different switches with no
difference.  I have tried changing the Cat5 cables with no differences.

I installed RedHat on the same exact box and did not have the same slow
write speeds.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

-Kent-