ftp server frustrating

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Tue May 31 21:53:30 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 14:40,  the author Giorgos Keramidas contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: ftp server frustrating:

>> It is that simple
>

>I honestly fail to see how all this whining helps improve the state of
>the FTP server or in any way advances the state of FreeBSD as a
>community.
Since when does asking a simple question become whining?

Being rude to someone who asks a simple question does not answer the question.

Rudeness can sometimes be accounted for if the responder is uncomfotable
either because s/he does not know the answer or someone finds the question
uncomfortable.

I am not the only one who uses ftp manually -- if there is a reasonable
immutable reason for keeping it at 15 seconds or less, then is the time to
stop asking. In the meantime I not feel there is any justification for
rudeness or aggression.

The question is why 15 seconds for one machine and a minute for another?
The second question is there a sound reason for not changing the machine set
at 15 seconds => 45 seconds?

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May/June bound for Europe via Panama
Canal.