ftp server frustrating

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Tue May 31 20:53:35 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 13:37,  the author Glenn Dawson contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: ftp server frustrating:

>At 12:26 PM 5/31/2005, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
>>Vizion <vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com> writes:
>> > I still cant understand why the cut off is set so short!!
>
>ftp.freebsd.org has two IP's associated with it:
>

>Name (62.243.72.50:glenn): ftp
>421 Disconnecting you since you didn't login successfully within 15 seconds.
>ftp: Login failed.
>ftp>

I just keep asking why does any of them need to be set at 15 seconds. Why not
set both to a time greater tha say 45 seconds. At least that makes manual
login possible.

It is that simple

david
 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May/June bound for Europe via Panama
Canal.