ftp server frustrating

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Tue May 31 19:05:16 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 10:17,  the author Glenn Dawson contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: ftp server frustrating:

>At 09:15 AM 5/31/2005, Vizion wrote:
>>It is the general problem that concerns me - if I am in some goddamned
>>foreign
>>port trying to get an individual file by a slow ftp connection from my
>>waterproof windows rugged tablet for subsequent transfer to my on below
>> decks freebsd server I do not want to have to be frustratingly
>> disconnected because the typing speed on my tablet is limited!
>
>why not use:
>
>ftp -A ftp.freebsd.org
>
>under windows, and
>
>ftp -a ftp.freebsd.org
>
>under freebsd?
>
>-Glenn
because I never looked at the manual - and old habits die hard <chuckles> I
guess there was no such thing when I first used ftp!!

I still cant understand why the cut off is set so short!!

I guess you are in the business of getting old dogs to learn new tricks!!! :-)

David

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May/June bound for Europe via Panama
Canal.