ftp server frustrating

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Tue May 31 15:23:55 GMT 2005

Hi

When I need to log on to  ftp.freebsd.org manually 15 seconds (the allowed
login time) is insufficient  (especially when I am using my tablet) -- and I
sometimes get logged out if I have a long file name to get. This seems to
happen when there is a long file name to enter.

Please can you raise the limits so they are reasonable for manual ftp access.
It is sometimes needed when for one reason or another one cannot obtain the
file automatically. There are also occasions when the server drops connections
on automatic access due to network delays.

My experience is that the time settings are overly tight.

thanks

David
 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May/June bound for Europe via Panama
Canal.