FreeBSD

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Mon May 30 19:14:58 PDT 2005

On Monday 30 May 2005 21:27,  the author Tina Neil contributed to the dialogue
on-
 FreeBSD:

>I want to use FreeBSD for our robotics club.  I am a programmer so what i
> want to know is what would be better for us to use Windows XP or FreeBSD.

well you have all the built in compiling tools you need with freebsd.

I suggest youm take a look at www.freebsd.org and study the handbook and the
ports collection.
> For the most part we want to go with FreeBSD. Also the text scares some
> members so what would be better for us to use KDE or gnome.

Either I prefer kde but others prefer gnome -- experiment with both!
> What would you
> suggest for us to compile with on freebsd.  i want to use C++. would
> bloodshed c++ run on FreeBSD.

You have gcc built in

>Thank you
>Nathan J. Neil
>
>Is there a phone number i can call for support?

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May/June bound for Europe via Panama
Canal.