few processor performance questions

Mark Jayson Alvarez jay2xra at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 19:25:45 PDT 2005

Good day,

 I have an athlon thunderbird 1.2ghz processor and I'm
looking forward to overclocking it. My plans are to
buy a new motherboard that supports raising the core
voltage, fsb or even the multiplier.

I have looked at some stores selling motherboard for
socketA(462) processors and found out that those new
motherboards mostly have fsb of 400 mhz and supporting
memory modules upto pc333-400mhz. Also with 8x agp
slot.

My question is, if I were to buy this kind motherboard
with a specified FSB of let's say upto 400+mhz and I
equiped it with let's say, PC333 DDR, and if I were to
put an 8x video card to it, given that my processor
can only run as much as 1.33 ghz(but only when
overclocked), will I be able to gain anything with it?
 Or should I just stick to an old mobo with 4x agp and
fsb of 133?

Thanks a lot.