FreeBSD's MPlayer not using GTK2

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Mon May 30 14:33:27 PDT 2005

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 04:20:17PM -0400, Anthony M. Agelastos wrote:
> Hello and thank you for your assistance. I am in the process of building
> MPlayer right now and I used the following statement:
>
> make WITH_OPTIMIZED_CFLAGS="yes" WITH_GTK2="yes"
> WITH_DVD_DEVICE=/dev/acd1 WITH_CDROM_DEVICE=/dev/acd0
>
> and while watching it build, I am noticing that it is using GTK1, not
> GTK2. I was just wondering if I did something incorrectly? I am running
> FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE (GENERIC+SSE) on a Pentium III 450MHz machine. Thanks
> for your help.

If you read the Makefile for multimedia/mplayer, where WITH_GTK2 is
described, it says: "At the moment there is no current gtk2 patch
available, so defining this knob has no effect right now."

So, no, you didnät do anything wrong - it is just that GTK2 is not
working for that port at this time.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson