Can I mount an ISO image directly with mount?

Can Berk Guder cbguder at su.sabanciuniv.edu
Mon May 30 09:36:28 PDT 2005

OK, here's how you do it on Linux:

# mount -o loop -t iso9660 <ISO filename> <mount destination>

eg.: # mount -o loop -t iso9660 /home/steven/5.4-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso
/var/ftp/pub/freebsd-5.4/

Apparently, however this doesn't work on FreeBSD. AFAIK, this should work:

# mdconfig -a -t vnode -f <ISO filename> -u 0
# mount -t cd9660 /dev/md0 <mount destination>

eg.:

# mdconfig -a -t vnode -f /home/steven/5.4-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso -u 0
# mount -t cd9660 /dev/md0 /var/ftp/pub/freebsd-5.4/

Regards,
--
Can Berk Guder
Sabanci University