multiple os

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Sun May 29 15:25:17 PDT 2005

On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 03:07:20PM -0700, Eric LaVoie wrote:
> I currently have suse 9.2 loaded on a emachines T3985.
> I want to install freebsd on the machine as well and
> would like to be able to choose at boot time which I
> would like to load. How do i do this? You help is appreciated.

Read chapter 2 of the FreeBSD Handbook (on the FreeBSD website).

You should make space for the necessary partitions (slices) for
FreeBSD. You should also install a bootloader like grub to enable you to
choose between different operating systems.

Roland
--
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.
public key: http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/pubkey.txt