kde, cups and the print server

Vittorio De Martino vdm.fbsd at virgilio.it
Sun May 29 13:39:23 PDT 2005

Context:FreeBSD 5.4, kde 3.4 cups + gimp print

Using the kde control center to select printers I'm experiencing the
following, after selecting the cups printing system.

1) As administrator I can see that "Server:localhost:631" is selected and I'm
able to select printers and print the test page.

2) whilst as the ordinary "victor" user the kde printer configuration shows
I'm connected to "Server:192.168.1.5:631" which was a former IP address of a
cupsd server + printer in my lan which I used to use but does not exist any
longer. I  modified the /usr/local/etc/cups/clients.conf changing "NameServer
192.168.1.5" into "NameServer 127.0.0.1" to no avail. And I'm completely
unable to select printers and print anything.

How can I modify the print server of the ordinary victor user?

Vittorio