OpenSSL reinstall

Sarath ER sarath at linuxtechs.net
Sun May 29 11:39:08 PDT 2005

Hello All,

I am new to FreeBSD.  I wanted to upgrade OpenSSL to the latest stable
version in my FreeBSD 5.3 server. I ran make deinstall , make  and make
install in ports/security/openssl and and my OpenSSL libs in /lib are
lost and the new version was installed in /usr/local/openssl. My other
programs are not finding the new libs.  I tried to replace the port
package by deinstalling it and trying with the option for replacing base
openssl. But it does not accept the "OPENSSL_OVERWRITE_BASE" variable.
Now most of the programs I use in the server is segfaulting. Does any
one know how to reinstall only the OpenSSL from the base? I am yet to
familiarise myself with the make world.. commands.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance,
- Sarath