5.4 NFS install broken?

David P. Discher dpd at dpdtech.com
Sun May 29 11:39:05 PDT 2005

> What was wrong with the INDEX from the ISO image?

Well, maybe its not specifically INDEX, but when combining the two
iso images in a single directory, sysinstall isn't aware that there
is only a single, combine directory.

Sorry ! I also left off I editted the "cdrom.inf" file, removing the
"CD_VOLUME" line.

> This isn't a problem, they are two different packages coming from two
> different ports.  Why do you think it was a problem?

 From what i can tell, both versions of perl were not
included on the ISOs I grabbed. Though it may be that on
the FTP sites, the INDEX file is correct and there are
two versions of perl in "packages/"

So, what happens, sysinstall errors, though does not fail,
in that it can't install perl.

And of course without the combined INDEX file, there is a bunch
of stuff it can't find, or prompts for disk 2 (actually it says
disk 0 is done, and needs disk 1).

I have not tried using both CDROMs, I've been trying to do
net-boot and installs, and NFS installs.