ftp directory structure

Steven Friedrich FreeBSD at InsightBB.com
Sun May 29 10:26:11 PDT 2005

I've downloaded 4.11-Release ISOs and I've placed them on a FreeBSD box so I
can run thru various install scenarios as fast as possible.

The Handbook's details are kinda sketchy, so tell me if I've got this right...

First, the ftp sites have the release placed
in /pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.11-RELEASE

Why does this directory have ANOTHER directory named 4.11-RELEASE ?

And I figured that I was supposed to copy the contents of disc1-kde,
disc1-gnome, and disc2 into /pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.11-RELEASE.

Is this correct?

--
i386 FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE
There are 10 types of people in this world. Ones that understand binary and