help with: ports over unionfs on a jail

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Sun May 29 08:13:34 PDT 2005

On May 27, 2005, at 8:48 PM, Luciano Musacchio wrote:

> hey,
> i have the ports dir mounted over unionfs on a jail
> (/usr/ports              /usr/jail/usr/ports     unionfs rw
> 0       0)
> and when i do a "make install" for some port within a jail it says:
> make: No such file or directory

I don't know exactly what you are trying to achieve, but what I do is
have one master jail install and all the other jails mount most of it
with nullfs read only.  One jail is the master and it mounts the
ports (actually 2 jails have it mounted) using a localhost: nfs mount
read write.  The master jail builds the ports into a separate PREFIX
I have defined that is shared on all the jails with appropriate links
into each jails private filesystem area for things like etc

Anyway, the part I wanted to mention is that maybe a localhost: nfs
mount might work better?  Depends on what you are trying to do

Chad