drivers

Andreas Rudisch cyb. at gmx.net
Sun May 29 06:17:34 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 19:29 -0300, Augusto Tobías Bierwerth wrote:
> First of all I must admit that I was doubting whether to send this e-mail to
> this address or to the one for nOObs.
> I was considering to install FreeBSD but as far as I know, not every
> hardware supports every Op. Sys. At the moment, I am a Windows XP
> Professional Edition SP1 user, but I can't stand its slowness anymore!!!!. I
> am sending as an attachment a .txt file which contains information about my
> computer. It would be great if you sent any link to a site concerning the
> subject (drivers!!!) or any explanation that could help. Thank you in
> advance,
>
> Tobías Bierwerth
> atbierwerth at hotmail.de / atbierwerth at yahoo.de

I would suggest that you NEVER ever attach such a large file to an email
and send it to a public mailing list, I bet there are not many people
who like it. Secondly, the attachment is more or less filled with junk
and I doubt that there are many people who read it from start to end, so
either you give a brief summary of your system or ... better: visit the
following links and read up the important information concerning your
matter on your own. Should you encounter any problems AFTER you have
read though them, people will be more than helpful solving them with
you.

http://www.freebsd.org/
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/hardware.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/index.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html
http://www.freebsd.org/projects/newbies.html

Andreas

--
GnuPG key  : 0xD25FCC81  |  http://cyb.websimplex.de/pubkey.asc
Fingerprint: D182 6F22 7EEC DD4C 0F6E  564C 691B 0372 D25F CC81