Dynamic Hosting Recommendation

MikeM zlists at mgm51.com
Sun May 29 04:55:22 PDT 2005

On 5/28/2005 at 8:33 PM Gerard Seibert wrote:

|My cable company wants $25. a month just for a static IP address.
|Personally, I think that is ridiculous.
|
|I have been looking for a solution. One I found was TZO,
|< http://www.tzo.com >. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with
|them?
|
|If someone can recommend another service, I would be glad to look into it.

One more comment, if your cable company blocks incoming port 80, then use
zoneedit's web forwarding service to forward

  www.example.com   to   myhostondsl.example.com:234

btw, zoneedit is free for up to 5 domains.

And one more comment... zoneedit supports https to update the dynamic IP
address.   I use the lynx text-based browser and just specify zoneedit's
update URL with https instead of http.  That way I don't send my zoneedit
account and password across the net in plain text.