Seagate HD not detected by FreeBSD

Ulf Magnusson ulfma629 at student.liu.se
Sun May 29 03:58:22 PDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm at toybox.placo.com>
Date: Sunday, May 29, 2005 9:05 am
Subject: RE: Seagate HD not detected by FreeBSD

That fixed it! Thanks, I learned something today.
Wouldn't it be possible to have FreeBSD detect this (mis-)configuration
and warn the user, or would that have to be done at the BIOS level?
Oh, and with old BIOS:es that do not allow you to select which drive to
boot from, if both the primary and the secondary master are bootable,
will the primary master always be prefered?

Ulf