APC BX800-CN UPS or something similar

Dmitry Mityugov dmitry.mityugov at gmail.com
Sun May 29 02:13:27 PDT 2005

On 5/29/05, greg at grokking.org <greg at grokking.org> wrote:
> Eugene Hercun wrote:
> > I'm considering purchasing an APC BX800-CN UPS for my home file
> > server. What I don't understand, is what happens when the power comes
> > back on? Does the UPS somehow turn the computer back on?
>
> Depends on your BIOS. Look for a setting something like "automatic power
> restore" that will detect when line power comes back and will restart
> the system. Otherwise, nothing.

In addition, if the UPS is configured to turn itself off after the
computer is shut down, or the UPS goes off because the battery is
completely used up due the power outage, the computer, obviously, can
restart only when the UPS is turned back on, and I believe this can be
done only manually.

Dmitry