Seagate HD not detected by FreeBSD

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Sat May 28 21:34:58 PDT 2005

On Saturday 28 May 2005 21:09,  the author Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
contributed to the dialogue on Re: Seagate HD not detected by FreeBSD:
>On May 28, 2005, at 7:31 PM, Ulf Magnusson wrote (quote Dave):
>>> OK your drive is recognized as at1
>>> Here is the page from the handbook on www.freebsd.org - if you
>>> follow the
>>> instructions you should be OK:
>>> -------------------
>>> 16.3 Adding Disks
>>> Originally contributed by David O'Brien.
>>>
>>> Lets say we want to add a new SCSI disk to a machine that currently
>>
>> Excuse me if I'm being slow, but exactly where did you glean that
>> information?
>> I don't have any at1 node in /dev, at1 isn't mentioned anywhere in the
>> boot messages, and Fdisk still acts like it only knows of one drive.
>
>He is wrong.
I agree

>It appears he misread the second ATA bus ata1 as a drive.

true
Change that drive to master on the second bus as Kent suggested and then
follow the instructions in the handbook
David

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May bound for Europe via Panama Canal.