Migration Guide

Bruce A. Mah bmah at freebsd.org
Sat May 28 13:12:59 PDT 2005

If memory serves me right, Vizion wrote:
> freebsd-doc at freebsd.org
> This thread from freebsd-question refers to release notes and is passed to you
> on recomendation of  Giorgos Keramidas who contributed to the dialogue on Re:
> Migration Guide:

As Giorgos said, the release notes of 5.4 are frozen and no changes can
be made to them.

The release notes for 5-STABLE and 6-CURRENT have no references to the
Migration Guide.  There used to be some boiler-plate references to
src/UPDATING but they were probably removed during those releases where
the Migration Guide existed.  Some suitably motivated doc committer
could update them if necessary and bring them back.

Note that the Migration Guide was intended to address concerns of users
upgrading from 4.X to 5.X.  This is implied in its abstract and is
specifically stated in the introduction.

Bruce.