ath0: unable to attach hardware; HAL status 13

Gunde Svan pefp799 at yahoo.se
Sat May 28 12:45:44 PDT 2005

Hi,

I checked out
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.4R/hardware-i386.html#WLAN
and saw that NetGear WG311T was supported by Atheros
driver (ath). I went out to the store and got my self
a NetGear WG311T PCI Card. I put it in my box that
runs FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p15 #4. I Recompiled the
kernel with:

device ath
device ath_hal
device wlan

Unfortunately it did not work. I got this error
message from dmesg:

ath0: <Atheros 5212> mem 0xfeae0000-0xfeaeffff irq 11
at device 13.0 on pci2
ath0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
ath0: unable to attach hardware; HAL status 13
device_attach: ath0 attach return 6

ifconfig do not show anything... what do I need to do
to get the card to work?
It says it should work on the FreeBSD's homepage, so I
assume it should work.

thanks.