Migration Guide

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Sat May 28 09:36:54 PDT 2005

On Saturday 28 May 2005 07:30,  the author Giorgos Keramidas contributed to
the dialogue on Re: Migration Guide:
>On 2005-05-27 10:52, Vizion <vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi
>> Have I missed something -- I do not see any notes for source upgrade
>> from 5.3 to 5.4 in the Migration guide. There see notes on upgrade 4.x
>> to 5.x.
>
>The usual update procedure, described in the Handbook and
>/usr/src/UPDATING works fine for 5.3 -> 5.4, so there is
>no need for a special "Migration Guide".

I think that may be arguable but if true the release notes needs to be updated
to reflect that position by removing all reference  to the presence of
updating notes in the migration guide for upgrade from 5.x to 5.4 and replace
it with a handbook page reference.

David

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May bound for Europe via Panama Canal.