sendmail update

Tony Shadwick tshadwick at goinet.com
Fri May 27 07:26:16 PDT 2005

Just going and taking a cursory glance at the sendmail makefile in ports:

.if exists(${DESTDIR}/etc/mail/mailer.conf) && ${PREFIX} == "/usr"
pre-everything::
         @${ECHO_CMD} "#"
         @${ECHO_CMD} "# You can't override the base sendmail this way."
         @${ECHO_CMD} "# your version FreeBSD use mailwrapper."
         @${ECHO_CMD} "#"
         @${ECHO_CMD} "# Please install with normal PREFIX"
         @${ECHO_CMD} "# and activate the port version with"
         @${ECHO_CMD} "# cd ${PORTSDIR}/mail/sendmail && make mailer.conf"
         @${ECHO_CMD} "#"
         @${FALSE}
.endif

So my understanding, make WITH_WHATEVER_FLAGS_YOU_WANT=yes, && make
mailer.conf && make install.

That will override the system base.

Anyone else care to chime in here?

Tony