problem with internet connection

Roldán roldanlg at yahoo.es
Thu May 26 17:09:28 PDT 2005

hello list;
i'm having a problematic situation with my internet
configuration in freebsd 5.4, the fact is that i'm
writing this from gnome, and all in the graphical
ambient works fine, the problem is when i try tu
install a port, then the fetch program get lost an
never reach the destination, an the lynx also get
lost, when i setup the proxy connection in gnome the
text mode do not update to this setting?
if not , then what i have to do?
i've set correctly the gateway and the dns server also
my ip, i mean my networks works fine exept for the
fact that i can browse the net in text mode
can some body help me?