freebsd cable disconnected problem

Diogo Della ap010 at terra.com.br
Thu May 26 13:07:38 PDT 2005

I have installed FreeBSD 4.10 RELEASE and recompile the kernel with some options for multicast routing like (mrouted, ipfw, pim, etc).

The problem is: if the network cable is disconnect or if a change the initial ip of the interface none of the daemon networks like (ssh, ftp) works even testing it localhost.

It is very strange: if a put the initial ip address of the interface and disconnect the cable "ssh localhost" does not work. But, if a let this running and put the cable again, "ssh localhost" works.

What is going on? FreeBSD need to be connected and with the same ip address I set at installation for the network deamon to work?

Thanks.

Diogo Della