folding client stopped working, is it because of linux?

Thu May 26 00:38:20 PDT 2005

On Mon, 23 May 2005 23:21:21 -0400
jason henson <jason at ec.rr.com> wrote:

> I did a system update and after that my folding @ home client will not
> work without me doing make install in linux_base-8 ports dir.  BTW,
> linux is already installed from before the update and even after
> reinstalling after the update the systems seems to forget it is there
> after a reboot.  I can type make install and the port installs, but
> since I don't do a make clean first it returns immediatily.  After I do
> this f at h runs fine.  My network card uses the nvnet driver from ports
> which still works at boot with out me needing to make install for the

Run "kldstat" after the reboot and look out for linux.ko. If it isn't
there, you haven't added the linux kernel module to the kernel (either
in the kernel-config or as a module in /boot/loader.conf).

> linux port.  I believe this driver requires the linux emulation to work btw.

It doesn't depend upon the linuxolator.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
              To boldly go where I surely don't belong.