portupgrade giving an error

Gregory Nou gregorynou at altern.org
Wed May 25 23:54:27 PDT 2005

modelt20 at canada.com wrote:

>Please pardon the intrusion.
>
>After doing a pkgdb -F, I ran a portupgrade -nP --all
>to check my installation. I got a single error:
>
>! multimedia/nautilus-media (nautilus-media-0.8.0_4)
>(port directory error).
>
>I am then prompted as to whether I want to delete this
>package. If I answer [no] (the default), nothing is
>fixed. If I answer [yes], my installation reports that
>this package is a dependency to Gnome, and cannot be
>removed.
>
>The output of my uname -a is:
>FreeBSD BSD.mydomain.local 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD
>5.3-RELEASE #0: Fri Nov  5 04:19:18 UTC 2004
>root at harlow.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
>
>Would someone suggest what I should do about this?
>
>Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
>
>Harold.

Hi,

in fact, nautilus-media has disappeared from the ports tree...
Have a loo at MOVED :
multimedia/nautilus-media||2005-03-12|Deprecated, and no longer builds
By the way, you may also be inerested by the entry 20050312 of UPDATING,
which says :
"  Gnome has been upgraded to 2.10 and gtk/glib to 2.6.
  DO NOT USE portupgrade(1) to update any gnome or gtk
  or any port that depends on them. Using portupgrade
  will cause problems and you will have to manually
  upgrade ports. "

Cheers

--
Gregory