Cant locate system disk

Karan Gupta kgupta at edgefocus.com
Wed May 25 14:59:19 PDT 2005

Im trying to install fBSD 5.4 onto a Maxtor N256 10GB hdd. I have the
hdd hooked up as a primary master, the cdrom as secondary master. The
cdrom is the 1st boot device & the hdd the second. When I put in the
fBSD firstdisk.iso into the CD, it finds the hdd...installs the boot
manager, partitions it & installs to the point where it says
"Congratulations". It asks me to enter some config info. Everything
looks good so far.

When I remove the cdrom and boot from the hdd i get " system disk boot
failure. Insert system drive"

thoughts?