mount msdosfs writeable by a given group

Laszlo Nagy nagylzs at freemail.hu
Wed May 25 14:32:44 PDT 2005

Hello,

I read the manual and I can mount my VFAT32 partition with this command:

mount_msdosfs -u nobody -g shares -m 777 -M 777 /dev/ad0s5 /mnt/transfer

This will make files and directories writeable by users in the "shares"
group.
But how do I specify the same in /etc/fstab?

This won't work:

/dev/ad0s5              /mnt/transfer   msdosfs rw -u nobody -g shares
-m 777 -M 777            0       0
/dev/ad0s6              /mnt/media      msdosfs rw -u nobody -g shares
-m 777 -M 777            0       0

because the options part should not have whitespace in it.

/dev/ad0s5              /mnt/transfer   msdosfs "rw -u nobody -g shares
-m 777 -M 777"            0       0
/dev/ad0s6              /mnt/media      msdosfs "rw -u nobody -g shares
-m 777 -M 777"            0       0

not working either.

   Laci 2.0