USB 2.0 (ehci) and Intel ICH5 in 5.4?

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.net
Wed May 25 13:23:10 PDT 2005

On 05/25/05 02:47 PM, Joe Altman sat at the `puter and typed:
> <SNIP>
> ehci0: <EHCI (generic) USB 2.0 controller> mem 0xfc000000-0xfc0003ff
> irq 3 at device 29.7 on pci0
> usb4: EHCI version 1.0
> usb4: companion controllers, 2 ports each: usb0 usb1 usb2 usb3
> usb4: <EHCI (generic) USB 2.0 controller> on ehci0
> usb4: USB revision 2.0
> uhub4: Intel EHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 1
> uhub4: single transaction translator
> uhub4: 8 ports with 8 removable, self powered
>
> As to what I had to do, not much; just compile a kernel with the
> lastest sources and lo, it just works.
>
> Now, there was an issue a little while back with some USB code that
> Julian had to adjust; once his fix went into the source tree, the
> issue vanished.
>
> IIRC, that was shortly before 5.4 was released. The machine is
> currently running 5.4, with fresh (about one week old) sources.

Excellent!  Thank you very much.  I guess I know what I'm going to be
doing this weekend . . .

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc                          FreeBSD-at-keyslapper-DOT-net
Fully Funded Hobbyist,                   KeySlapper Extrordinaire :)

Ingrate, n.:
  A man who bites the hand that feeds him, and then complains of
  indigestion.