[dev] Re: XML/EDI questions

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Wed May 25 09:41:51 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 25 May 2005 09:11,  the author Ian G contributed to the dialogue
on Re: [dev] Re: XML/EDI questions:
& On Wednesday 25 May 2005 17:00, Vizion wrote:
& &
& > Oh there are now over 300 schemas for EDI's used extensively by large
& > corporations for interchange. For example a major disk drive manufacturer
& > used it for exchange between both supopliers and distributoes. It used by
& > governement and hundreds if not thousands of large corporations. The
& > oproblem is you have to pay thousands of dollars to get the information
& > and/or off shelve software to benefit from this technology.
&
& Ah!  That explains why I've never come across it.  I
& stand corrected!  Thanks :)
&
Yep and the thing that really ****** me off is that there is a standard for
these things and the only way you can get a copy is by paying $ (namny) for
it. My idea is there should be an open standard for these things which could
be accessible by anyone and be used as a basis for exchange between
individuals and small businesses. Perhaps OpenSchemas.org!!

david

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May bound for Europe via Panama Canal.