roxen rnNG start script needed

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Wed May 25 08:50:46 PDT 2005

In the last episode (May 24), Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC said:
> I have my own source compiled roxen web server running and I am
> trying to come up with an rcNG style start script for it and I would
> like to look at the one from the port.  Can someone who has the port
> of roxen installed on 5.x send me the rcNG style start script for it?

The roxen port is a little ancient, but something like this should
work.  I tested it with my local roxen 4.0 install, which may not have
the same setup as a port install.  It uses roxen's internal rc.d script
to do all the work, since you don't want to send signals to roxen
itself but its handler script.

#!/bin/sh
#
# PROVIDE: roxen
# KEYWORD: FreeBSD

. /etc/rc.subr

name=roxen
rcvar=`set_rcvar`

command="roxen"
roxen_home="/usr/local/roxen-4.0"

load_rc_config $name

pidfile=${roxen_home}/configurations/_roxen_pid
roxeninit=${roxen_home}/server/tools/init.d_roxen

extra_commands="reload"
start_cmd="${roxeninit} start"
stop_cmd="${roxeninit} stop ; run_rc_command poll"
reload_cmd="${roxeninit} reload"

run_rc_command "$1"

--
	Dan Nelson