3Ware SATA RAID 8000 - Supported on 5.3-R?

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Tue May 24 18:24:01 PDT 2005

On Tue, 24 May 2005 09:54:02 -0400 (EDT), in
sentex.lists.freebsd.questions you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have an interesting question, I have a Pentium 4 2.4Ghz (No HT Enabled),
>2x80GB SATA Hard Drives in RAID 1. The box boots, works, etc. However,
>whenever you try and do an fsck -y, it says:
>
>root at bonjour(~)% fsck -y
>** /dev/twed0s1a (NO WRITE)
>** Last Mounted on /

Are you running fsck manually when the box is in multi-user mode ? If
so, thats your problem.  What options do you have set in /etc/rc.conf
?

ie. what does
grep -i fsck /etc/rc.conf
grep -i fsck /etc/defaults/rc.conf

show ?

if you reboot and boot to single user mode and
run
fsck -a

what is the output ?

>Anyone got any ideas? I looked at www.3ware.com earlier and it says that
>the 8006-2LP's support FreeBSD 4.x, but not 5.x - could this be a result
>of that, seeing as otherwise the drives/RAID work fine (AFAIK, it could
>not be and I'm just not sure how to test it).

Its fully supported and works very well on 5.x. I have a number of
such cards deployed running RELENG_5.  The website is just not up to
date.

	---Mike