Simetric Upload Download Bandwidth pf+altq

RdBSD slaveszeroes at gmail.com
Tue May 24 18:14:43 PDT 2005

Dear all,

I want to ask something that strange for me. I Have freebsd 5.4 Stable
with pf+altq compiled in kernel. i try to use the altq for bandwidth
shaping. the script is :

altq on $internet_if bandwidth 64Kb cbq queue { gateway, internet }
       queue gateway   priority 1 bandwidth 64Kb cbq( ecn default )
       queue internet  priority 2 bandwidth 64Kb  cbq( ecn ) {
standard, pri_3, pri_6, pri_7 }
               queue standard  priority 5 cbq( ecn borrow )
               queue pri_3     bandwidth 64Kb priority 3 cbq( ecn ) {
http, smtp, ssh_data, ftp, pop3 }
                       queue smtp      cbq( ecn )
                       queue ssh_data  cbq( ecn )
                       queue ftp       cbq( ecn )
                       queue pop3      cbq( ecn )
               queue pri_6 bandwidth 64Kb priority 4 cbq( ecn )
                       queue http      cbq( ecn )
               queue pri_7     priority 7 cbq( ecn borrow ) { im,
ssh_login, domain }
                       queue im        cbq( ecn )
                       queue ssh_login cbq( ecn )
                       queue domain    cbq( ecn )

pass on $internet_if proto tcp from any port { ftp, 49999><55001 }
queue ftp $tcp_options
pass on $internet_if proto tcp to   any port { ftp, 49999><55001 }
queue ftp $tcp_options

but when i try to upload my files, my speed meter show 416Kbps.  but
it's different with download speed. it has a 64Kbps and i think this
speed is correct. My question is why it;s different beetwen upload and
download in pf+altq

Rgds,

Rino