3Ware SATA RAID 8000 - Supported on 5.3-R?

Franco Bruno Borghesi fborghesi at gmail.com
Tue May 24 09:18:11 PDT 2005

If it fails it's because there are certain inconsistencies that need user
confirmation before they are corrected.

You can add
fsck_y_enable="YES"
to your /etc/rc.conf so if default fsck fails, fsck -y is run. Check the
fsck man page before doing so.

Anyway, I don't understand why fsck is run on every reboot. If you just try
a "reboot" or a "shutdown -r now" command in your console, will fsck run
next time the system boots? It should'n happen. I don't understand why your
file systems get uncleanly umounted.

About freebsd 5.3, I've been using 3ware 7500-4LP (in raid 5) for the last 3
months, and I have not had such (nor any other) problems with twe driver.

Hope it helps.