Merging a directory to the search path of includes and libs permanently(ldconfig -m....)

Mark Jayson Alvarez jay2xra at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 00:15:19 PDT 2005

Hi,
  Is there a way to merge a certain directory to the
library search path or include search path
permanently? "ldconfig -m" works only while the
computer have not yet been rebooted. I have an
experienced that I was able to install a certain
application that depends on a library not found in the
standard search path, so I used ldconfig -m... but
after rebooting, the application can't run anymore
because of the library not found.