Lost /etc/group after installing mtools installed

Paul Dufresne dufresnep at fastmail.fm
Mon May 23 23:02:43 PDT 2005

I am on 5.4-RELEASE.
Like I said in previous mail, my /etc/group file have become 0 bytes
long after some problem. I first thought it was after rebooting
following a computer hang (was hanging when dd if= of=/dev/fd0,
but after having load default values in BIOS, seems to be fixed,
was deactivating UART ports, USB, and parrallel ports, should try
to find which was causing problems with floppy). But now
I remembered that I installed mtools just before losing /etc/group.
Maybe try to add a group the wrong way?

I am still looking for a default /etc/group file.

--Paul